Launching the Test
- Restart the computer and close all applications before launching the test.
- Launch the test using the Chrome browser 15–30 minutes before the start time from the “My Tests” page in your account.
- Late policy: Appointments are guaranteed for 15 minutes after the start time before cancellation; testers who miss the sign-in window must register and pay for a new test.
- The proctor will join within 15 minutes of the scheduled start time; please be patient.
Check-in and Room Scans
- Parents can assist with check-in but must leave the room when the proctor asks.
- Let the proctor know about any approved accommodations during check-in.
- Test takers are prompted to take a selfie and perform a room scan with their webcam.
- Students are only allowed two pieces of plain notepaper, a pencil, and a clear water bottle in their work area.
- The proctor will review testing procedures and rules.
- The test timer doesn’t start until the check-in process is complete.
During the Test
- Students must remain seated and focused in front of the webcam except during breaks.
- Students may use the chat function to ask the proctor questions or request an unscheduled break.
- Parents should remain in a nearby room to help if an issue arises.
- A small thumbnail will display a red or green circle that indicates if the student is visible on the webcam; this helps the proctor monitor, and students can ignore it.
- Students who finish a section early can proceed to the next section.
- SSAT at Home appointments can be rescheduled for free up to 72 hours before the original start time.
- You cannot reschedule within 72 hours of testing; students unable to attend the original appointment in this scenario must register and pay for a new session.
- Reschedule on the “My Tests” page in your EMA account, or contact PSI directly at 1-833-207-1288 to make that change.
- SSAT at Home appointments cannot be rescheduled to a Prometric or paper SSAT registration.
- Students who begin at-home testing on time but are unable to complete the SSAT due to technical issues can reschedule for free (rescheduling will be available in your account on the following day).