Equity Tech Kit
Those without a compatible computer or viable internet access can request a free Equity Tech Kit for taking the SSAT at Home or the Character Skills Snapshot. Please carefully read this page in its entirety before requesting a kit.
Understanding the Basics
- Equity kits include a laptop and/or a mobile hotspot for internet access (hotspots work in most but not all geographic locations).
- There is no fee for this service or shipping; EMA provides a prepaid return label with the kit.
- Recipients may only use the equipment for the SSAT at Home and Character Skills Snapshot.
- Kits must get returned within two business days of the student's SSAT at Home exam or two business days after receipt when taking the Character Skills Snapshot. EMA withholds scores and will only report them to schools and families once the kit is returned.
- Register for the SSAT but only schedule your SSAT at Home exam after receiving the kit.
- Fee waiver approval is not required to request an Equity Tech Kit.
- With a fee waiver: Provide the waiver code when requesting a kit.
- Without a fee waiver: Provide your SSAT Candidate Eligibility code, available in your account under SSAT Testing, when requesting a kit.
Requesting and Returning Process
- Register for the SSAT but don't schedule your SSAT at Home appointment.
- Locate your fee waiver code if a school has granted you a waiver or your Candidate Eligibility code available in your account under SSAT Testing if you don't have a waiver.
- Complete this form to request a kit.
- You'll receive a shipping alert when your request is processed. There may be a waiting period during peak testing in November through January. Request a kit as soon as possible to avoid delays.
- Review your kit upon receipt to ensure everything is working correctly—turn the computer on, connect it to your internet connection or the mobile hotspot, and run the system check.
- Schedule your SSAT at Home appointment.
You must return the kit within two business days of the student's SSAT at Home exam or two business days after receipt when taking the Character Skills Snapshot. EMA withholds scores and will only report them to schools and families once the kit is returned.
- Refer to the return cover sheet and pack all items into the original shipping container.
- Keep the prepaid return label out and close and seal the kit.
- Apply the prepaid return label and call 1-800-GOFEDEX for a pickup or go to a FedEx drop-off location. Do not leave the kit unattended for pickup.
Kit Tech Support
For Equity Test Kit help with the laptop, setting up your internet connection, or using the mobile hotspot, call our technical support line at 1-267-554-7087. If you contact PSI for assistance during testing, let them know you are using an EMA-provided equity kit.
If you have any other questions or need help tracking or returning your equity kit, call 1-609-683-4440 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.