All content on the Site and contained or provided with the Services is owned exclusively by the Organization and is protected under United States and international copyright law. You have no permission or license to copy, distribute or publish any content contained on the Site or within the Services without an explicit agreement in writing, signed by an authorized officer of the Organization.
We may use Your Personal Information for the purpose for which it was provided, including without limitation for the purposes described further below:
● Provision and Monitoring of the Services: We and our authorized and trusted test administration and proctoring vendors acting on our behalf will use Your Personal Information to deliver and to monitor Your use of the Services. We will also give You the opportunity to store, review and edit Personal Information and other information on the Site. We will share Your Personal Information with subsidiaries, affiliates, and EMA Service Providers (as that term is defined below) as necessary to deliver the Services. If You are under the age of 18, we will share Your Personal Information with Your Parents or Legal Guardians, including all of Your Parents and Legal Guardians who created or were granted access to Your account and all of Your Parents or Legal Guardians who can provide EMA with valid and authentic documentation that demonstrates that they have a right to receive and review Your Personal Information and educational information, even if they did not create Your account or receive access to it by invitation from You or another Parent or Legal Guardian who created the account. If You are under the age of 18 and a Parent or Legal Guardian who did not create Your account or does not have access to Your account requests Your Personal Information, and can provide us with valid and authentic documentation that demonstrates that they are Your Parent or Legal Guardian and that they have a legal right to receive and review Your Personal Information and educational information, after we review such documentation and determine that it is valid and authentic, we will provide Your Personal Information, including SSAT scores and all other Personal Information in our possession, to such Parent or Legal Guardian. We will also share Your Personal Information with schools, school staff and administrators, consultants, education professionals, EMA’s trusted education partners and other individuals designated by You and in accordance with Your preferences as communicated to us through Your User Account settings. If You are a school, school staff member or administrator, education professional, or individual providing information to EMA about a student or a student’s family or legal guardian as part of the school admissions process and/or application services, we will use and share the information provided by You as authorized by the student and/or parent or legal guardian.
● Student Prospect List: If You elect to participate in the Student Prospect List, we will share Your address and contact email, as well as Your student’s “Basic Profile information” and boarding/day school preference with EMA’s member schools, trusted education partners, and participating colleges and universities that enter into agreements with EMA to receive, use and protect Your information. The elements of Your student’s Basic Profile information that You are agreeing to share as part of the Student Prospect List are identified below. EMA may also provide its member schools trusted education partners, and participating colleges and universities with publicly available demographic data based on Your home address. By electing to participate in the Student Prospect List, which is free to You and Your student, You and Your student will receive offers, marketing and promotional materials and other information from EMA’s member schools, trusted education partners, and participating colleges and universities, which may be in the form of email or postal mail, tailored to Your student’s grade, interests and activities, gender, address and boarding/day preferences. For example, EMA’s member schools and participating colleges and universities may send You and Your student information about school fairs, events, open houses, application processes, and scholarship opportunities, and EMA’s education partners may send You information about products and services that may be useful in preparing to apply to or enroll in independent private schools or colleges or universities. You can view a list of EMA’s trusted education partners as well as participating colleges and universities on Your account settings page on ssat.org, where You can also opt-out from sharing information with any of EMA’s trusted education partners, participating colleges and universities and opt-out from sharing information with EMA’s member schools for marketing or promotional purposes. EMA will maintain and periodically update a list of the participating colleges and universities on its website at https://ssat.org/spl-colleges. If, after You opt-in to share information with participating colleges and universities, You later decide that You would like to opt out, please complete this form https://ssat.org/spl-colleges-opt-out. To the extent that You or Your student/s previously provided the information to EMA, at this time, the Basic Profile Includes:
1. Student Name and Parent Name
2. Home Address and Parent Email
3. Student Email (if provided)
4. Student Interests
5. SSAT score range for each test section (by percentile)
6. Student’s Interests and Activities, Current Grade, Gender, Date of Birth, Current School, School Preferences, Native Language, Ethnicity.
EMA sometimes modifies the data elements included in Your Basic Profile. The most up to date list of Basic Profile data elements is provided in the settings section of Your ssat.org user account.
● Surveys, Contests and Other Special Offers: From time to time, we may offer our users the opportunity to participate in surveys, contests and other special offers. If You elect to participate in these services, You will need to provide certain Personal Information and we will use it as necessary to deliver the relevant services. We and/or our trusted partners and/or vendors may also email for the purpose of inquiring whether You want to participate in surveys, contests and other special offers.
● Questions and Requests: If You contact us by e-mail or otherwise, we will use the Personal Information You provide to attempt to answer Your question, respond to Your request and/or resolve Your problem. If You do not have a User Account, we do not regard any information submitted by You as a question or request as private or confidential and will use and share such information in its sole discretion, as necessary for EMA’s business purposes.
● Contacting You About Other Products, Services and Events: The Organization and, if You opt-in, third parties, including but not limited to member schools and consultants, may use Your Personal Information to contact You in the future to tell You about products, services and events that may be of interest to You.
● Research and Data Analysis: In an ongoing effort to better understand and serve the users of the Site and the Services, the Organization may, in support of its legitimate interests, conduct research on its customers’ and users’ demographics, test performance, interests, interactions with the Site, the Services and other data based on Usage Data and other information provided to us on the Site and in connection with the Services. This data may be compiled and analyzed on an aggregate basis, and the Organization may share this data with researchers, member schools, consultants, education professionals, business partners, publications, and other third parties in the sole discretion of EMA for its business purposes and/or research purposes. Deidentified data may include, but are not limited to, summaries of customers’ and users’ demographics, application and enrollment rates, and average GPAs, SSAT scores and score ranges, Snapshot results all of which data are not capable of being used to identify You personally. This information and any product of the information will not identify You or other users by name, social security number, government identification number, image, biometrics or any other unique identifier that could link the information or data to You.
● Service Improvement: We may use Your Personal Information, aggregated Personal Information and other data and information collected through the Site and Services to help us improve the content and functionality of the Site, to better understand our users and to improve the Services.
● Order Fulfillment: We may use Your Personal Information that You provide to fulfill any orders You may place for Services offered by the Organization.
By using the Site or Services, including submission of public queries, or making public comments in parts of the Site or the Services where that is possible, You may make certain components of Your Personal Information available to others, such as Your name or username, and You may voluntarily enter text and make available comments and other content that includes additional Personal Information. Such Personal Information may be accessed by users who use the Site or the Services in parts of the Site or the Services where that is possible and it may be accessed by commercial search engines such as Google, Yahoo!, and Bing to the extent that such engines are permitted to access the Site or Services. You may also provide and upload and direct or request third parties to provide and upload Personal Information that You expressly direct us to share with designated third parties in order to participate in Services offered by us. If You direct us to share Your Personal Information with designated third parties in connection with our delivery of the Services, we will do so in accordance with Your consent and direction in the scope of our delivery of the Services.
From time to time, we may establish a business relationship with other businesses that we believe to be trustworthy and have privacy practices consistent with ours ("Service Providers"). For example, we may contract with Service Providers to provide certain services, such as hosting and maintenance, accounting, legal, data analytics and data storage and management, and marketing and promotions. We only provide our Service Providers with the information necessary for them to perform these services on our behalf. Each Service Provider must agree to use reasonable security procedures and practices, appropriate to the nature of the information involved, in order to protect Your Personal Information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. Service Providers are prohibited from using Personal Information other than as specified by the Organization, and are obligated to maintain the confidentiality of Your Personal Information.
We may share Personal Information and Usage Data with businesses controlling, controlled by, or under common control with the Organization. We may share Personal Information and Usage Data with trusted third parties with whom we have agreements for such purposes that include strict data protection measures and explicit limitations on how the third parties can use or share such data. We will not ask for Your permission to share Usage Data and You may not opt out of Usage Data sharing. However, if we intend to share Your Personal Information with a third party not otherwise authorized to receive it, we will give You the option not to share it. If the Organization is merged, acquired, or sold, or in the event of a transfer of some or all of our assets or equity, we may disclose or transfer Personal Information and Usage Data in connection with such transaction.
EMA does not knowingly solicit or collect the Personal Information of children under the age of 13 on the Site or though the Services, except when children under 13 are registered by a Parent or Legal Guardian (a “Parent”) to take the SSAT at Home. Children under the age of 13 are not permitted to register directly for accounts on the Site or register to take the SSAT at Home. If You are under the age of 13, please do not attempt to register for an account on the Site or register to take the SSAT at Home. If You are under the age of 13 and interested in taking the SSAT and/or applying to an independent secondary school, please have Your parent or legal guardian visit www.ssat.org and/or contact EMA on Your behalf.
If You are a parent or legal guardian of a child under the age of 13, You may provide consent for Your child to register for access to the Site by first registering Yourself for an account. Once registered, You can create a restricted account for Your child, monitor the data in Your child’s account, or revoke a child’s permission to use EMA’s online services by deleting the account. EMA will verify Your creation of an account for Your child via email to You.
If You later decide to revoke Your consent to EMA collecting Personal Information from Your child (under the age of 13) in the future, You may notify EMA via email at firstname.lastname@example.org that You have revoked Your consent and EMA will honor Your revocation of consent going forward, but EMA and our authorized and trusted test administration vendors, partners, test administrators and proctors acting on our behalf will retain all Personal Information previously collected from Your Child during any prior administration of the SSAT at Home for which You registered Your child. Once You have notified EMA that You have revoked Your consent to EMA collecting Personal Information directly from Your child (under the age of 13), EMA will no longer allow You to register or schedule Your Child for the SSAT at Home.
EMA’s trusted test administration vendors, partners, test administrators and proctors acting on its behalf to collect Personal Information from children (under the age of 13) during the administration of the SSAT at Home include Learnosity Inc. and PSI Services, LLC.
If we become aware that we have inadvertently received Personal Information directly from a child under the age of 13 without the consent of a Parent, we will delete such information from our records. Please notify us immediately via email at email@example.com if You believe that we have inadvertently received Personal Information directly from a child under the age of 13, so that we can delete the information.
The Organization will cooperate with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We may disclose Personal Information and any other content and information about You to government or law enforcement officials or private parties if, in our discretion, we believe it is necessary or appropriate in order to respond to or comply with legal requests (including court orders and subpoenas), to protect the safety, property or rights of the Organization or of any third party, to prevent or stop any illegal, unethical, or legally actionable activity, or to comply with the law. We will use and disclose Personal Information as necessary to investigate, prevent and respond to suspected illegal activity related to the Site or the Services, including but not limited to suspected fraud, theft, cheating, hacking, potential violations of EMA’s intellectual property rights and/or SSAT testing policies and procedures. Finally, EMA may disclose Personal Information if, in the course of providing the Services, it receives information or reasonably suspects or has a concern, in its sole discretion, that any user’s personal physical safety is threatened or that any user under the age of 18 is or may in the near future be a victim of physical or sexual abuse.
The Organization employs commercially reasonable physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect the confidentiality and security of Personal Information and other information and data transmitted to us. However, no data transmission over the Internet or other network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. You acknowledge and accept the data security risks of using the Site and Services.
When California customers provide personal information to a business, they have the right to request certain disclosures if that business shares personal information with third parties for the third parties' direct marketing purposes. Once per calendar year the customer may request that the business provide a list of companies with which it shares personal information for those companies' direct marketing purposes, and a list of the categories of personal information that the business shares. The Organization generally does not share personal information with third parties for the third parties' direct marketing purposes without Your explicit consent and direction. However, if You receive a solicitation from a third party that You believe obtained Your information from EMA without Your consent, You may request information about our compliance with this law by contacting us at:
The Enrollment Management Association
862 Route 518
Skillman, NJ 08558
Any such inquiry must include "California Privacy Rights Request" in the first line of the description and include Your name, street address, city, state, and ZIP code. Please note that we are only required to respond to one request per customer each year, and we are not required to respond to requests made by means other than through this email address or mail address.
Although EMA is aware of the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), the law does not apply to EMA because it is a nonprofit organization.
European Union General Data Protection Rights
EMA complies with the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) to the extent it is applicable when it collects, processes, shares and uses the Personal Data of subjects of the European Union, the United Kingdom and Switzerland. Information about GDPR can be found here. GDPR outlines subject access rights of individuals in relation to their personal data. If You are a resident of the European Union or the United Kingdom and would like to exercise any of Your rights under GDPR, Your rights and the actions You can take are summarized below.
Right to Access: You can access most of the data we have about You through Your account at ssat.org. You can also request a complete report on what Personal Data we have about You.
Right to Rectification: We strive to keep records and all data accurate. If You would like to modify an inaccurate record of Your personal data, in most cases You can edit the data Yourself through Your account. However, if You are unable to make a correction Yourself, You can request that we make the correction for You.
Right to Data Portability: You can request a copy of some components of Your Personal Data to be transferred to a new system or platform.
Right to Object: You can object to our processing of Your Personal Data in certain limited circumstances that are not related to or necessary for our provision of the Services.
Right to Restrict Use: You can request that we restrict the processing of Your Personal Data in certain limited circumstances that are not related to or necessary for our provision of the Services.
Right to Erasure: You can request that we delete Your Personal Data in certain extremely limited circumstances that are not related to or necessary for our provision of the Services. For the benefit of clarity, we will not erase any Personal Data related to an administration of the SSAT.
All GDPR subject access rights requests must be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and must include the specific details for Your request and the basis for making the request. We will respond to all valid subject access rights requests within 30 calendar days of receiving the request; however, it may take longer to fulfill Your request. We will also require that You provide certain Personal Data to enable us to ensure that You are the person You say You are and that You are entitled to exercise the subject access rights, either for Yourself or for Your student. If You are unsatisfied with how we handle Your request, You can find the contact information for Your local data protection authority in the European Union, the United Kingdom and Switzerland here.
Websites Operated by the Organization
Websites operated by the Organization presently include the following domains:
July 16, 2020
The rich text element allows you to create and format headings, paragraphs, blockquotes, images, and video all in one place instead of having to add and format them individually. Just double-click and easily create content.
A rich text element can be used with static or dynamic content. For static content, just drop it into any page and begin editing. For dynamic content, add a rich text field to any collection and then connect a rich text element to that field in the settings panel. Voila!
Headings, paragraphs, blockquotes, figures, images, and figure captions can all be styled after a class is added to the rich text element using the "When inside of" nested selector system.