Prometric SSAT Testing
Take the SSAT on your schedule at a Prometric test center. Over 5,000 Prometric locations worldwide offer SSAT testing, most on a daily basis.
Prometric registration is
Closes on July 15 for testing ending on July 24. Reopens August 1.
SSAT at Home registration is
Reopens on August 1.
What is Prometric testing?
The Prometric SSAT is a secure, computer-based version of the SSAT taken at Prometric test centers, renowned worldwide for administering technology-enabled assessments. It is the same reliable test as the paper and SSAT at Home versions.
Before registering, review the Prometric criteria below to ensure it’s the right test mode for your child. You can also help them do their best with the Official SSAT Practice Materials.
- Middle and Upper Level SSAT
- Many locations worldwide
- Fee Waivers
- Comfortable taking a computer-based test in a center administering various assessments for students and adults
- Elementary Level SSAT
- China, Hong Kong, Jamaica, Korea, Laos, Myanmar, and Vietnam*
*Paper SSAT testing is available in international locations with demonstrated need; search our paper test centers, and email email@example.com if you don’t find a convenient location.
Have questions? Find answers to frequently asked Prometric questions in the Help Center, and don't hesitate to contact our friendly support team.
The Prometric SSAT Process
Check the Prometric Scheduler to find a suitable testing location before registering (select "SSAT by the Enrollment Management Association" for both the Test Sponsor and Program). Note that availability may vary by location. Then create an account in our portal or log in to register for the SSAT.
After registering, a link to schedule a Prometric test date and location will appear under “My Tests” in your account. Seat availability varies by location and may be limited, so it’s best to schedule as soon as possible.
Carefully review the Test-Day Checklist to avoid surprises on test day. The Official SSAT Online Practice tests and quizzes provide students with the best preparation for computer-based SSAT testing.
In addition to following the Test Day Checklist, know what to expect during check-in, security, testing, and dismissal by reviewing the Prometric Center Procedures.
Late policy: Prometric guarantees appointments up to 15 minutes after the scheduled start time; the ability to test after 15 minutes depends on seat availability.
We are committed to ensuring that test takers with disabilities receive reasonable accommodations. When completing your registration, we’ll provide approved accommodations to Prometric.
- If your child requires additional accommodations beyond those already approved for a test, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and work with our accommodations staff BEFORE scheduling with Prometric.
- When scheduling a test with approved accommodations, you may need to work directly with Prometric at 1-800-853-6769; if necessary, the scheduling system will prompt you to call Prometric.
What is the best way to prepare for the Prometric SSAT?
The Official SSAT Online Practice from the creator of the SSAT provides the best simulation for taking a computer-based SSAT. Complete with four full-length practice tests, 15 practice section tests, and over 50 quiz subjects.
Rescheduling Your Prometric SSAT Appointment
- Reschedule Prometric SSAT appointments for free 29 days or more before the test date
- Prometric charges a $35 rescheduling fee between 28 and 3 days before the appointment
- Prometric appointments cannot be rescheduled under 3 days before the appointment
- Prometric tests cannot be changed to an SSAT at Home or paper SSAT
- Reschedule on the “My Tests” page in your EMA account, or contact Prometric directly at 1-800-853-6769.
Who you contact depends on the nature of your questions.
For assistance with scheduling or rescheduling after registration when you have a Prometric eligibility ID, finding an available Prometric test center, or for questions about COVID-19 protocols at test centers.
Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. ET
For general SSAT questions, changing a paper SSAT registration to Prometric, and any other inquiries.
Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. ET