Rescheduling SSAT Dates
The following policies apply to SSAT changes:
- SSAT at Home: Rescheduling is allowed until 72 hours before your scheduled test appointment, but you may NOT change your test format.
- Prometric SSAT: Rescheduling at least 29 days before your test date is free; rescheduling between 3 and 28 days is subject to a $35 Prometric fee payable to Prometric; rescheduling 0–2 days before testing is not permitted; but you may not change your test format.
- Paper SSAT (Standard or Flex): Changing your date, location, or test mode is allowed until 72 hours before your original test date (not your original test time); for Standard tests this means test changes must be made by 11:59pm on Tuesday. All paper-based changes are subject to a $49 fee. Paper-based SSAT tests may be rescheduled to a new paper-based test, Prometric, or SSAT at Home. (All times EST)
- For all changes, you must select a new test date that occurs before July 21 of the current school year. Note: not all test formats have availability until the end of July.
- If a technical issue with the SSAT at Home occurs after launching the test that prevents completion, additional test change options will be made available in your account the following day.
- If you are completing a test change to a higher priced test, you must pay the $49 test change fee in addition to the difference between the test fees. No refund or credit will be provided if changing from a higher priced test to a lower priced test.
The best SSAT practice plans begin with our free online Mini-Practice Test. This 30-question test delivers a detailed instant report showing the student’s ten highest and lowest-scoring topics, so you know exactly where to focus studying.