What if my student’s request was denied?
If your student’s request for testing accommodations is denied by their designated approver, you may choose to:
- Submit a secondary application for the denied accommodations to the same qualified approver (in case of error with original submission).
- Indicate a different qualified approver who is willing to attest to the previously denied testing accommodations as being necessary and reasonable.
- Test with only the approved accommodations and forego those which were denied.
In the event your student’s requested accommodations are approved, but EMA determines that the supporting documentation provided does not substantiate the requested testing accommodations and/or meet EMA requirements, EMA will notify you of the decision and provide a rationale, including:
- An indication of which testing accommodations have been approved or denied.
- The aspects of the documentation and/or request that affected the decision.
- Clear suggestions and/or examples illustrating acceptable documentation.
- Instructions for submitting further documentation.
- Instructions for contacting EMA regarding any questions or concerns or to file an appeal.