First, Know The Basics
- EMA is committed to ensuring that students with disabilities receive all necessary and reasonable testing accommodations when taking the SSAT.
- If you feel your student may be eligible to receive testing accommodations when taking the SSAT, please submit your application as soon as possible.
- For applications that require the submission of supporting documentation, please allow up to two weeks for EMA's accommodation team to review and process your student’s request for testing accommodations from the date EMA has received all required items (including student documentation, the approver's recommendation, and approver ID).
- For those applications that do not require the submission of supporting documentation, internal review by EMA's accommodation team is not necessary. The application is complete once the approver has submitted their online approval form and ID.
- Your student’s testing accommodations MUST be approved BEFORE registering for an SSAT with testing accommodations.
- Register early, as test sites offering testing with accommodations may fill up quickly or well in advance of test registration deadlines.
- NO “FLAGGING” OF TEST SCORES. SSAT score reports do NOT provide any notification that your student was provided testing accommodations.
Students only need to be approved for testing accommodations ONCE per testing year.
- Once approved for accommodations, your student will be permitted to register for any accommodated SSAT offering with their approved accommodations for the remainder of the testing year in which they were approved (August 1 to July 31).
- No resubmission is required to test again with accommodations in the same testing season.
- If you wish to have your student take the SSAT with his or her approved accommodations, be sure to indicate your student’s need for testing accommodations each time you register them for testing.
All approved accommodations will expire at the end of a given testing year (July 31st). If your student will need to complete an SSAT after this date, you will be required to submit a new application for accommodations and await their approval prior to registering for any accommodated SSAT offerings.