Documentation Requirements for Students Who Need Accommodations Due to Disabilities
Documentation supporting a student’s need for testing accommodations must always be on file with your school or organization.
Acceptable Forms of Documentation
- Individualized Education Program (IEP)
- Section 504 Accommodation(s) Plan
- Private School Service Plan or other formal documentation on letterhead
- Private or school-based evaluation reports
- Testing results or documentation from a qualified professional
- Documentation that illustrates that the student has been approved for testing accommodations when taking other standardized tests in the past
- Documentation from a representative at the student’s current school indicating the provision of the requested accommodations when completing school-based testing
Please contact EMA if you have other forms of documentation considered.
The documentation must:
- List or reflect a history of each disability;
- Illustrate that each disability substantially limits a major life activity;
- Illustrate that the accommodations requested are reasonable, and;
- Be dated within the last three (3) years from the date of application submission.