Documentation Requirements for Students Who Need Accommodations Due to Disabilities
Documentation supporting a student’s need for testing accommodations must always be on file with your school or organization.
Acceptable Forms of Documentation
- Individualized Education Program (IEP)
- Section 504 Accommodation(s) Plan
- Private School Service Plan or other formal documentation on letterhead
- Private or school-based evaluation reports
- Testing results or documentation from a qualified professional
- Documentation that illustrates that the student has been approved for testing accommodations when taking other standardized tests in the past
- Documentation from a representative at the student’s current school indicating the provision of the requested accommodations when completing school-based testing
Please contact us if you have other forms of documentation considered.
The documentation must:
- List or reflect a history of each disability;
- Illustrate that each disability substantially limits a major life activity;
- Illustrate that the accommodations requested are reasonable, and;
- Be dated within the last three (3) years from the date your request is submitted.
If you have any questions or concerns about your family's ability to provide anything needed for your student to complete testing, please contact EMA immediately and well in advance of your scheduled test date.