Applying for Accommodations
Please review our step-by-step guide to applying for accommodations.
First, you must apply for accommodations.
1. Log in to your student’s account, click the “SSAT Testing” button and then the “Apply for / View My Accommodations” tab.
2. Next, click the “Click to Apply for Testing Accommodations” button to be taken to the online application. There you will indicate your student’s disability, select the needed accommodations, and other related information.
3. Provide contact information for an approver who is able to attest that:
- The disabilities indicated and testing accommodations requested are reasonable and valid for your student
- And, documentation which meets SSAT requirements is on file with the current organization/school and reflects the need for testing accommodations.
Based on the information provided within your student’s application for testing accommodations, the form will indicate whether or not you are required to provide us with documentation to substantiate your student’s request for testing accommodations.
Then, your approver submits their online approval and approver ID form. After submitting your application, the approver will receive an email with a link to complete the secure online approval form for your student's accommodations. This will allow your student’s approver to:
1. Confirm/deny each requested accommodation.
2. Confirm that documentation meeting our requirements is on file.
- You will be notified by automated email when the approver completes their online approval of accommodations and again when the approver has their identification form approved by EMA.
- If your student's application requires the submission of supporting documentation for EMA review, both of these approver requirements must be met before EMA will process or review the application for approval or permit registration for accommodated testing.
- Both portions of the approval MUST be completed by the approver before it will be processed or reviewed.
- The approver's approved ID will be the email address that has been used to complete this process. There is not an assigned ID number for approvers.
Next, EMA reviews submitted documentation.*
If applicable, EMA will review the information provided by your approver and the documentation you submitted. After a final decision is made, you will be notified that either:
- Your documentation is acceptable and supports all requested accommodations, or
- Your documentation is acceptable for some of the requested accommodations, or
- Your documentation is not acceptable for any of the requested accommodations.
(*If no documentation was required, you will skip this step.)
Now, you may register for the SSAT!
- When you register for testing, you MUST indicate that your student requires testing accommodations.
- Your student’s approved testing accommodations will be linked to your student’s test registration and each approved accommodation will be listed on the admission ticket for all paper-based test registrations. For all computer-based testing registrations, accommodations should be listed for each test date under "My Tests" within your online SSAT account.